Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Pum'kin Patch


I visited my first pum'kin patch last weekend. I wouldn't say it was a real one, but I am not even sure if real ones exist.

When someone says pumpkin patch do you imagine going to a field of pumpkins, finding the right one, and methodically cutting the stem? That's what I imagine.

The place I went was nothing like that. First, you pay 5$ to get in. Everyone is everywhere. A person sized train circled the lot with a bunch of kiddos riding and parents watching them. A tractor also circled with a bed of hay, hay ride. There were three piles of pumpkins, all pre-cut. Kids climbed to the top as parents took pictures. My older and younger brother joined in on the pile, looking for the perfect pumpkin. I stepped away to grab a small pie pumpkin; only 3.99$.

It was okay for what it was. Despite all the people and gimmicks, it got me in the spirit of halloween. I even wrote about it.

I wish I had cable so I can watch all the silly Halloween shows....

-Alyssa



No comments:

Post a Comment