Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Laundry

   At the beginning of this blog I had a clear direction in mind, sort of. I was going to write about all the dramas that I watched even the movies, because I love analyzing things. For a short while I was a guest Korean Movie writer for Seoulbeats (this was probably two years ago, I'll list the articles below). I eventually quit, because it wasn't fun anymore and every week felt like I was writing an essay for class. Sometimes I wonder if it was the right decision, perhaps I needed a push. Looking at this site, over the past two years I've only come up with around 30 or so articles, not much.

   I created this place with the intention of writing about any movie or drama, no matter the origin, and not having to worry too much about grammar or somebody giving me the go ahead. It was my place. I always dreamed of becoming as popular as Dramabeans or any other mass Korean media sites. I'd check my stats all the time, watching the view counter slowly rise to 3,000. I discovered that a majority of the views were either from robots or people looking at pictures I've posted. I begged you guys to comment and as of now I'm at three. Not discouraged, I decided to expand my outlets, making a Deviantart and Tumblr account. I'm pretty sure I won't be using the Deviantart account, but on Tumblr I've got 4 followers and few likes, better proof that people are actually out there taking notice.

   So why mention all of this? Why go on and on about stats and popularity and being just like everyone else. Well, since creating my tumblr I've also made another one centered around lesbian fanart and the occasional fanfiction. I didn't want to turn away some of already gained audience with things that might not interest them. I have been thinking about creating yet another account to talk about my life and things and sexuality and stuff. Today it hit me; this place is mine. I seriously doubt anyone is reading this and though my page view counter is now hitting 8K, fuck it. I'm going to write about what I want.

   Clarifying things, I don't identify as lesbian or straight. Maybe I'm confused or in denial, but at this point in time I don't think it really matters what name I put on it. I tried the word bisexual when coming out, for the first and only time, to my best friend and it felt weird. I just know I like people and one of my favorite things in a person is when he/she seems nice, genuinely nice.

  To think this whole post was a result of wanting to post a picture of Hush Puppy from Beasts of the Southern Wild. I was contemplating if this was the right place to put it and the dread of creating more and more places to categorize where my things go was dreadful.

Seoulbeats Articles : Take Care of My Cat, Baby and Me, The Man from Nowhere, The Aggressives, Finding Mr. Destiny, A Million, Hellcats, You're My Pet, The Wonder Girls, Sunny, Silenced, A Brand New Life, and Blades of Blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment